The purpose of the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is to review proposals and make recommendations to ASAA’s board of directors on all issues related to the health, wellness and injury reduction of member schools’ student-athletes.
The objectives of the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee are to:
1. Gather current data on health and safety related issues.
2. Educate, interpret, monitor and disseminate materials to students, coaches and administrators concerning medical issues related to sport.
3. Assist ASAA in researching sports medical issues and/or concerns.
4. Assist in the development of guidelines related to sports medicine, in an effort to assist ASAA member schools with making informed decisions.
5. Proactively address new health and safety concerns.
6. Develop a network of medical professionals dedicated to providing member schools with appropriate sports medical education and care.