ASAA encourages the development of sportsmanship, ethics and integrity in its interscholastic programs. As part of the sportsmanship emphasis, ASAA recognizes a Good Sport Team at the Awards Ceremony following all sport State Championships.
The Head Coach will select students from his/her team who have demonstrated good citizenship and sportsmanship throughout the season as follows:
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
Select 2 Student Participants Total
Cross Country Running, Nordic Ski, Swim & Dive, Tennis, Track & Field, Wrestling
Boys: 4-7 Student Participants, Select 1 / 8 or more Student Participants, Select 2
Girls: 4-7 Student Participants, Select 1 / 8 or more Student Participants, Select 2
Selection is based on the following criteria:
• Accepts the responsibility and privilege of representing the school and community.
• Is a role model for other teammates both on and off the playing surface.
• Demonstrates cooperation and respect for participants, officials and coaches before, during and after contests.
• Respects and abides by the standards as established by the coach.
• Treats opponents with respect; applauds for both teams during introductions, shakes hands prior to and after a contest and assists contestants who may be in need.
• Accepts favorable and unfavorable decisions, as well as victory and defeat, with equal grace.