2017 ASAA/FIRST NATIONAL BANK ALASKA
WRESTLING STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
December 15-16, 2017 at Alaska Airlines Center
Hosted by: ASAA, Chugiak HS, Bartlett HS & ASD
Deadlines and forms required for State Championship participation.
• Wrestling Forms
• 2017 Wrestling State Championship Policies and Procedures (Updated Nov. 29)
• 2017 Wrestling State Championship Schedule (Updated Nov. 30)
Championship programs are available in a downloadable PDF for free. You may also order a printed version (fees apply) from TheBookPatch via the Print On-demand link below. Print On-demand programs are generally available within 30 days following the event.
• 2017 Wrestling State Championship Program (Downloadable PDF)
• 2017 Wrestling State Championship Program (Print On-demand)
LIVE WEB STREAMING
The NFHS Network will be live streaming the entire Wrestling State Championships. Visit the NFHS network website for more information.
QUALIFIERS, SCRATCHES & ALTERNATES
AT-LARGE OR UNFILLED BERTHS SELECTIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW! Please review all the At-Large and Unfilled Berths to be sure if one of your wrestlers have been selected. The deadline for dropping wrestlers to fill with Track Wrestling At-Large Berths has passed. You are still able to drop wrestlers but ASAA will not fill those empty berths.
• 2017 Division I Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers (Revised 12/13 11:00am)
• 2017 Division I Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers – By School (Revised 12/13 11:00am)
• 2017 Division II Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers (Revised 12/13 11:00am)
• 2017 Division II Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers – By School (Revised 12/13 11:00am)
• 2017 Girls Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers (Revised 12/13 11:00am)
• 2017 Girls Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers – By School (Revised 12/13 11:00am)
• 2017 Wrestling State Championship Scratches & Alternates (Revised 12/13 11:00am)
STATE WRESTLING SEEDING RESULTS
The seeding results are based on the criteria the ASAA Board of Directors has put in place for state championships. Please review the wrestling seeding qualifications, and the seeding criteria in the Wrestling State Championship Policies and Procedures document. The seeding done on Sunday afternoon at 1:00pm for the State Tournaments used results recorded in each team’s Track Wrestling stats. If you have concerns on the seeding, go back and ensure your wrestler’s stats are correct on your team’s Track Wrestling stats. This information is used to seed the State Tournaments. If we need to review seeding for your concerns, we must be sure your team’s stats are correct. If for any reason you think someone’s stats are incorrect, you should contact that team to get corrections made. This needs to be completed no later than 12/14/2017 1:00am.
• 2017 DI/DII/Girls Wrestling State Championships Seeds (Revised 12/11 9:00pm)
WRESTLING INJURY DEFAULTS
ASAA Board of Directors took action to add the following verbiage to the NFHS Wrestling rule Section 7 Default: Rule 5-6:
“Any wrestler that defaults due to injury or illness during the tournament must receive a medical release (performed, when available, by a medical provider able to perform pre-participation physicals) to continue in the tournament. If the wrestler does not receive a medical release, then the remaining matches in the tournament will be recorded as forfeits. The wrestler will retain any team points earned up until that point. A wrestler required to receive a medical release to continue must weigh-in on day two to continue in the tournament.”
Make sure to view the Wrestling home page for event location, brackets, results and more.
September 27, 2017 – First Practice
October 12, 2017 – First Contest
December 9, 2017 – Last Contest (Regular Season or Conference Championship)
CERTIFICATION in the ALASKA COACHES EDUCATION PROGRAM
Coaches are required to be certified prior to their season. Contact your school administrator for current certification status.
• Alaska Coaches Education Program
WRESTLING CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT LOCATIONS/DATES
Division I CONFERENCES
• Cook Inlet (6 Berths): Chugiak HS – Dec. 8-9
• Northern Lights (5 Berths): Kodiak – Dec. 8-9
• Mid Alaska (3 Berths): West Valley – Dec. 9
• Southeast (2 Berths): Ketchikan – Dec. 8-9
Division II CONFERENCES
• Kachemak (3 Berths): Seward – Dec. 8-9
• Denali (2 Berths): Delta Junction – Dec. 8-9
• Southeast (3 Berths): Ketchikan – Dec. 8-9
• Great Alaska (2 Berths): Bethel – Dec. 8-9
• Sockeye (2 Berths): Dillingham – Dec. 8-9
• Northern (2 Berths): Nome – Dec. 2
• At-Large (2 Berths)
TRACK WRESTLING INFORMATION & USE
TW created ASAA an overview on the usage of TW team stat’s. This link includes videos and step by step instructions. Track Wrestling Team Stats Usage Overview Link
Seeding Qualified Wrestlers
Track Wrestling will be used to seed qualified wrestlers into the Division I & II state championships. If a wrestler qualifies to the state championship and is not part of track wrestling he/she will not be seeded.
Track Wrestling School Abbreviations
The following lists were created to help make sure all school names are abbreviated the same way throughout the state. This will help with make sure all wrestler records being used when seeding any tournament. Please be sure to make sure you use these abbreviations throughout the year for all the schools.
• ASAA Track Wrestling School Abbreviations