2017 ASAA/FIRST NATIONAL BANK ALASKA
WRESTLING STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
December 15-16, 2017 at Alaska Airlines Center
Hosted by: ASAA, Chugiak HS, Bartlett HS & ASD
Deadlines and forms required for State Championship participation.
• Wrestling Forms
• 2017 Wrestling State Championship Policies and Procedures
• 2017 Wrestling State Championships Schedule
• 2016 Wrestling State Championship Program
QUALIFIERS, SCRATCHES & ALTERNATES
• 2017 Girls Wrestling State Championships Qualifiers
• 2017 Division I Boys Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers
• 2017 Division II Boys Wrestling State Championship Qualifiers
• 2017 Wrestling State Championship Scratches & Alternates
STATE WRESTLING SEEDING RESULTS
The seeding results are based on the criteria the ASAA Board of Directors has put in place for state championships. Please review the wrestling seeding qualifications, and the seeding criteria in the Wrestling State Championship Policies and Procedures document.
• 2017 Division I Wrestling State Championships Seeds
• 2017 Division II Wrestling State Championships Seeds
• 2017 Girls Wrestling State Championships TBD.
Make sure to view the Wrestling home page for event location, brackets, results and more.
September 27, 2017 – First Practice
October 12, 2017 – First Contest
December 9, 2017 – Last Contest (Regular Season or Conference Championship)
CERTIFICATION in the ALASKA COACHES EDUCATION PROGRAM
Coaches are required to be certified prior to their season. Contact your school administrator for current certification status.
• Alaska Coaches Education Program
WRESTLING CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT LOCATIONS/DATES
Division I CONFERENCES
• Cook Inlet (6 Berths): Chugiak HS,
• Northern Lights (5 Berths): TBA
• Mid Alaska (3 Berths): TBA
• Southeast (2 Berths): Ketchikan
Division II CONFERENCES
• Kachemak (3 Berths): TBA
• Denali (2 Berths): TBA
• Southeast (3 Berths): Ketchikan
• Great Alaska (2 Berths): TBA
• Sockeye (2 Berths): TBA
• Northern (2 Berths): TBA
• At-Large (2 Berths)
TRACK WRESTLING INFORMATION & USE
TW created ASAA an overview on the usage of TW team stat’s. This link includes videos and step by step instructions. Track Wrestling Team Stats Usage Overview Link
Seeding Qualified Wrestlers
Track Wrestling will be used to seed qualified wrestlers into the Division I & II state championships. If a wrestler qualifies to the state championship and is not part of track wrestling he/she will not be seeded.
Track Wrestling School Abbreviations
The following lists were created to help make sure all school names are abbreviated the same way throughout the state. This will help with make sure all wrestler records being used when seeding any tournament. Please be sure to make sure you use these abbreviations throughout the year for all the schools.
• ASAA Track Wrestling School Abbreviations